Main House: The Coffin-Athearn Stores building dates back to the 1830s, having survived the Great Fire of 1846, it is one of the oldest commercial buildings on Nantucket . The building housed the Town of Nantucket's municipal offices from 1836 until 1966. Today the building is a mix of retail and offices with 5, 1st floor shops and 4, 2nd floor offices. The building has potential for condominium conversion with mixed retail/residential use.
First Floor: Five shops on the 1st floor including 3, with access on Washington Street and 2, on Union Street.
Second Floor: Four offices share a storage room; stairs to the attic
Third Floor: The attic has 2 large storage rooms with peaked ceilings with one window on the South gable.
Firm Name: Lee Real Estate